Kitchen Trends - All about the Brass

LEIBAL'S BRASS KITCHEN ISLAND

LEIBAL'S BRASS KITCHEN ISLAND

Brass adds a soothing, sophisticated warmth to a space. It looks just as beautiful contrasted against white as it does against the dark greys, blues and emerald greens in kitchens. 

Look how this bespoke brass block above just sings in Leibals design. Its a pretty industrial look, but its bold and golden and works with the style of the apartment. A very stylish statement.

A touch of brass in my mind adds a touch of class. It can be used as sparingly or as daringly as you like. I'm in love with the kitchen, above right, by Michaelis Boyd, in the Battersea Power Station Marketing Suite. I think the brass taps together with the brass insets set this apartment off a treat and is indeed very chic. 

Kelly Wearstler is a favourite designer of mine and she uses an abundance of brass in her designs, have you seen the stunning kitchen she designed for Cameron Diaz? (see image below right). Or how about using handles like these beauties below by Buster and Punch.

Images credit to Buster & Punch, Black Lacquer Design, Beacon Lighting ASKSEL, Marianne Strong Interiors, Michaelis Bloyd Associates, Delta Tap, Kelly Wearstler Kitchen courtesy of Elle Decor